Posted on 20 December '18 by , under Business.
Your business is only as good as your staff, which is why you want to hire high potential employees. You may find it hard to spot a high potential candidate in an interview.
Our tips will tell you what to look for and ask when you are recruiting.
High potential employee traits
A common set of characteristics can identify high potential employees. These candidates will:
- Have leadership qualities
- Take on extra responsibility
- Be team players
- Think outside the box
- Solve problems
- Have a passion for their industry
Spotting high potential employees in an interview
In an interview, you can identify an employee with these high potential traits by:
- Asking about their goals, to assess ambition
- Asking about industry current events, to see if they are passionate about this area of work
- Listening to the questions they ask you, to judge their interest in the position
- Asking about prior challenges they overcame, to provide you with evidence of their problem-solving skills